Monday, November 9, 2015

Project 2 (interior)

 Here we have my final product,
 my product without lighting,
and the project with just modeling.

     Reflective Essay:
I started out wanting to have a sort of fantasy setting, archways and ruins and what-not. I decided that I preferred to make a more modern scene. I left the archways and wanted to focus mainly on foreground, middle ground, and background. My foreground is the TV, couch, and table. The middle ground consists of the stone wall and the counter, and the background is a bunch of boxes.

I wasn't trying to invoke any emotions from people who would see this. Card board boxes, simple brown colors, this was simply and exercise in trying to learn things about 3D design.

There are many things I would like to improve in this project, mostly the textures. It is easiest to see with the couch; I have not quite figured out how to do UV mapping. It was the shamfered verts that messed me up. The UVs were twisted and tangled and I couldn't figure out how to smooth them out.

I also was having trouble with the lighting, mainly because the lights in Maya are no at all like lights in real life. It turned out to be quite difficult to get the lighting effects that I wanted but over all I think it turned out ok.

     Reference Images:


No comments:

Post a Comment